Looking for a patriotic dessert for the upcoming summer celebrations? I’ve got just the thing for you, Red, White & Berry Parfaits! This dessert combines a salty crunch from pretzels and a silky cream cheese layer, all topped with sweet berries!
I spent the weekend at my parent’s house hanging out with my nephew Christian last weekend and these were the perfect dessert for us to whip up together. I cooked up the layers and he helped assemble each of them. The only problem was trying to keep the food out of his mouth before it made it to the actual parfait!
We screwed on the lids and delivered them to the guys in the field for a sweet treat with lunch!
- Pretzel Layer
- 2 c. crushed pretzels
- 2 Tbsp. powdered sugar
- ⅔ c. melted butter
- Cream Cheese Layer
- 1 pkg (8 oz.) cream cheese
- ½ c. powdered sugar
- 1 carton whipped topping
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Fruit Layer
- 3 c. strawberries cleaned and quartered
- 2 c. blueberries cleaned
- ½ c. water
- 3 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 c. sugar
- Mix together pretzel layer and press into a 9x13 pan. Bake 10 minute at 350°. Cool. Baking off the pretzels helps keep them crisp among the fruit and cream cheese layers.
- Beat together cream cheese, sugar, and lemon zest and then fold in whipped topping. Put into refrigerator to cool.
- Mix sugar and cornstarch in a small kettle, then slowly add water. Add 1 cup of strawberries to sugar mixture and mash with potato masher. Bring mixture to a boil and cook one minute, remove from heat and let cool.
- To assemble your parfaits, layer pint mason jars with ¼ c. pretzel mixture, ¼ c. cream cheese mixture, ¼ c. strawberries and 1 heaping Tablespoon of thickened berry mixture. Repeat layers again, swapping out blueberries for strawberries on the second layer. Top with a dollop of whipped cream and a few extra berries and serve chilled.
*This post may include links to my Amazon.com affiliate account and Krafted Koch earns a few cents on the dollar if you purchase the items I share with you. Thank you for supporting my blog when you shop at Amazon!